At Lotus Cleaning Services, we do our best to fulfill your specific cleaning needs. Below you’ll find the task list for standard cleaning, as well as for deep cleaning and those tasks that you may request as needed.
*change linens if fresh linens are left on bed
Deep Clean (includes standard clean)
Unless you’ve had ongoing cleaning services, or are an especially thorough housekeeper, we recommend that your first appointment be a deep clean. Deep cleaning takes extra time, but you will see and feel the results. Add whatever you like from our Options Menu.
When you set up ongoing cleaning, we’ll continue with our standard cleaning list, and you may request a deep clean or optional items whenever you wish (with an additional charge based on our hourly rate).
Move-in and move-out cleanings generally follow our deep clean task list, minus those tasks that don’t apply because furniture has been removed or hasn’t arrived yet.
If you feel our task lists don’t apply to your specific situation, let us know and we’ll tailor them to your needs.
What we don’t do:
- Move heavy furniture or lift heavy items (over 25 lbs).
- Use ladders other than two step stepladders.
- Clean outside windows unless they can be easily accessed from the inside (the kind that flip around).
- Clean excessively moldy areas (requires a professional).
- We love pets! But for the safety of our staff, we won’t enter homes with barking/aggressive dogs unless they are properly restrained (all sizes of dogs).
- Use toxic chemicals you supply unless approved beforehand (we’re fine with using your non-toxic cleaners).
- Clean plasma TV’s, computer screens or equipment, except for dusting tops.
- Clean human waste, pet waste or cat litter – if you want us to clean area soiled by your pet, you must remove any waste
- before we arrive.
* Our cleaners are instructed, for their safety, not to move heavy items or lift more than 25 lbs.** We request that you remove or identify valuable, irreplaceable or delicate decorations (or other items) that you don’t want us to touch. We also instruct our cleaners not to clean items that are delicate or easily damaged such as crystal, antique collections, or paintings and artwork that are not behind glass.*** We’re glad to launder and fold or replace towels and sheets, as well as clothing, upon request. You instruct our cleaners in proper operation of your laundry equipment, and supply laundry soap. We do not launder or hand wash delicate items, and cannot accept responsibility for clothing that is damaged in the wash process. We do laundry while we clean and we may or may not be able to finish the entire laundry process (wash, dry, fold or replace) during that time. If we need to stay beyond the scheduled cleaning time, we will continue to charge at our hourly rate. You may also instruct us to complete as much laundry as is possible during the cleaning time. We do our best to arrange times and tasks at the start so that there are no surprises.